Saturday, November 19, 2011

Enigma

Yesterday, I was looking back through all of my posts and realized that nothing really goes together.
It's like I have multiple personalities and they each take turns writing posts.

There's the funny one who writes posts like "Househunting makes me stabby", the depressed one who obviously wrote
"When I was bad", the slightly bitchy baby-mama who penned "To all the baby-daddies", the know-it-all who is responsible for such gems as "What a void there is in things" and the total over-sharer who brought you "Poor people shouldn't".

I have tried many times to do a blog-reboot, to define myself more clearly, to state obviously who I am and what I'm all about.
But I think I'm realizing that it's just not possible.


I am who I am, and that changes almost daily.
I refuse to define myself by any one personality trait.
I try weird hairstyles, change jobs, move to new cities, change school majors. I make statements and then recant them after rethinking them ALL THE TIME.

I am often wrong about things. This is one of my favorite things about myself.
I don't believe in absolutes.
If I'm ever asked to describe myself in one word, I will answer with:
Enigma.
"A person with puzzling or contradictory character"
"An inexplicable occurrence"

Yes, I think that suits me well.

So, I don't think I'll be doing anymore blog-reboots.
I'll stay in the Land of Miscellanea, where I am free to be as strange and incongruous as I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you really think, but please be respectful about it.