Thursday, August 1, 2013

Apples take over

We are blessed with an abundance of fruit growing freely in our backyard. Three apple trees, a plum tree, a peach tree, and grapes that travel over our fence line from our next door neighbor's yard. There is also a grapefruit tree growing in the abandoned yard directly behind our house, where I like to take the kids and liberate the tart little orbs.
This year our apple trees are producing like I've never seen, so I needed to find something to do with the plethora of green fruits. 
Thus, my first attempt at applesauce.

picked fresh today!


I poked around on Pinterest for a recipe, and found (of course) dozens of crock pot applesauce pins. I decided to Frankenstein a couple recipes together to come up with my own.

Step one:
Peel, core & dice 6-8 apples (depending on size.)
after this, I just gave them a really rough chop. not too small.
Step two: Stir together 1/2 Cup water, 1/4 Cup brown sugar, 1 1/2 Tablespoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

Step three: Add cut apples to crock pot, then pour liquid mixture evenly over apples. 
omg yum.
Step four: Set crock pot to "Low." They cook for about 4 hours total, but halfway through, I gave them a stir. (Ok, maybe I just wanted to get a really good whiff up close, cuz man oh man, did this smell amazing!)
Step five: turn crock pot off and mash apples with potato masher. Let cool & refrigerate. Or serve warm! Whatever you want! 

I'm thinking about making some pie dough & making dumplings with the mixture. Or topping my waffles with it. Or my ice cream, or stirring some into my oatmeal.....
The possibilities are endless :)










1 comment:

  1. 真愛旅舍官網
    真愛旅舍手機app
    真愛旅舍黃播聊天室
    真愛旅舍午夜聊天室
    真愛旅舍直播聊天室
    真愛旅舍裸聊聊天室
    真愛旅舍裸播聊天室
    真愛旅舍大秀直播聊天室
    真愛旅舍福利聊天室
    真愛旅舍聊天室你懂的
    網絡聊天工具哪個好悠米視頻聊天裸聊免費觀看後宮電影院SEX女郎情色論壇成人文學
    多人視頻聊天哪個好悠米視頻聊天下載85st影城58同城免費色情視頻成人色娛樂網站成人動漫
    聊天室哪個黃8517多人視頻聊天打飛機專用網sm性虐待視頻網站情色六月天論壇成人貼圖
    免費聊天室哪個好瓜瓜多人聊天視頻美女真人裸聊聊天室成人小說在線視頻成人網
    國外視頻聊天室哪個好奇秀多人視頻聊天一對一在線qq裸聊表演男女色情小說成人電影

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think, but please be respectful about it.