Friday, August 19, 2011

Waking up

I quit my job today. The job I desperately needed a few months ago.
The job that brought us up from the fiery depths of financial ruin and back into the black.
I'm not sorry. I won't regret it.
I learned quite a few things about myself while I was employed:

I learned that no amount of money can replace happiness.
I learned that family is everything, and that is more than just a saying that sells greeting cards.
I learned that there are still a lot of really wonderful people in the world and all I have to do is open myself up to them and let them into my very guarded circle.
I learned that there are also some terrible people who are happy to smile in your face while trying to break your spirit.
I learned that thankfully, the former far exceeds the latter.
I learned that I let people run all over me, but I'm quickly learning to stand up for myself.
I learned that I'm nice. Sometimes too much so.
I learned that I'm slightly more nerdy than the average girl.
I learned that I am an enigma, and I like that.

I say that anytime you have the opportunity to receive a lesson, you do so and say "thank you".
That's a situation you'll never have to muddle through again.
Wake up, life is telling you to go a different direction. Just listen.
That's what I'm trying to do.........

Enough of that.......
And now back to my regularly scheduled program of libraries, photo blogging, baking, kid-wrangling, and random musings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you really think, but please be respectful about it.