Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's a Vampire Party in the USA

Reader Beware: This blog is about to get Nerdy. That's right, capital N.

I have a confession: I am seriously obsessed with vampires. I will read or watch anything even remotely vampire related.  It's like a sickness!  It started when I was a little girl. I was convinced that Dracula lived in my closet and that once I was asleep he would come out & say "I vant to suck your blooood!" and then he'd do just that. So, of course, I slept with my blankie around my neck. I mean, obviously Dracula couldn't get through my blankie. DUH. Hey, gimme a break, I was only 6! 
Then, when I was 15 I saw "Interview with the Vampire" and realized that vampires were not just scary, they were sexy in a bad-boy sort-of way. 
And thus began my obsession. I love them all: Louis, Lestat, Damon, Stefan, Bill, Eric, and yes, even Edward.

And so, for my 30th birthday last year my husband surprised me with the Ultimate in nerdy birthday surprises: A Vampire themed party, where the star of the show was a delicious Red Velvet Rescue cupcake from Cupcake Craving in Sacramento, which he topped with plastic vampire fangs. 
The cupcake was baked to perfection, moist & chocolaty with velvety cream cheese frosting that's not overly sweet, and a sprinkle of red sugar crystals to top it off. 
It seriously made my day and was such an easy way for my husband to celebrate my vampire-nerdiness without breaking the bank.

Cupcake Craving is located at 2100 Arden Way Ste 169, Sacramento CA & 1167 Riley St, Folsom CA.
They have about 2 dozen flavors to choose from, including a couple sugar-free flavors for those watching their glucose intake.  I've tried quite a few of their selections and have yet to be disappointed. My only suggestion would be to buy your cupcake and wait about 20 mins to eat it, since they're kept in a refrigerated display case, unless you like your cupcake chilled (they are less messy that way!)

I'd love to hear some easy, inexpensive & creative party ideas from you all, so please share 'em if you've got 'em!







1 comment:

  1. I used to watch Interview with the Vampire over, and over, and over again, at my Aunts house. Because man, they WERE sexy.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think, but please be respectful about it.