Sunday, April 25, 2010

Illegitimus non carborundum


The Latin is a little questionable but the motto still holds power. 
Don't let the bastards grind you down.  
I think I've actually already been living my life according to that creed for awhile now, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded.

My husband and I went to the Scottish Games in Woodland, CA this weekend and had an amazing time as usual. I love the historical information that is available for me to soak up like a sponge. The re-enactments, Mary Queen of Scots, Roman soldiers, the music & the food all make for a really good time.

And this year we discovered a really cool band in the vein of the Dropkick Murphy's/Flogging Molly.



1916 hales from Southern California, playing Celtic rock with some traditional flare. 
They put on a really good show & even gave us a deal on some of their merchandise.
I can't wait to rock their sticker on my new cruiser.

It was a great end to a beautiful weekend. Hope you all had a good one, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you really think, but please be respectful about it.