Tuesday, February 9, 2010

If you feel like you're starving, you probably are.

Back in 2006 I was going through a lot of family stuff.                              Depression set in & I started to eat my feelings.
Luckily, I was able to recognize what I was doing & put an end to it.
I joined Weight Watchers & successfully lost 18 lbs and I have kept it off, even after my last pregnancy- though it did take some work.
So, thinking back on how well it worked for me before, I thought I'd just go back on the "Points System" and that would be that.
What I failed to realize is that I am already at a healthy weight.
My sugar levels are perfect, my cholesterol is low and my waist to hip ratio is perfect.
So, here I was for the last 2 days counting my points and eating.....wait for it....... roughly 1250 calories.
To maintain a healthy weight, I should be eating about 2000 calories and to lose weight gradually I should lower that to about 1850.
So last night when I told Jude I was starving- I really was.

I had to reassess my diet/fitness plan a bit and this is what I'm going to do.
I'm going to continue on with the 30mins+ of exercise daily and drinking a ton of water, but instead of using the "Points System" I will be doing the following:

Cut out hydrogenated oils
Cut sugar (and HFCS, but we already cut that out last year)
No bleached flour or enriched flour (we already buy whole wheat but this goes for eating out, too)
Cut out most white foods, except for cauliflower, egg whits & fish.
Only eat when hungry!

So, I'm going to start this over the healthy way.


A word to the wise: do your research, don't just jump into a diet without really knowing what you're getting yourself into, it could kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you really think, but please be respectful about it.