Monday, May 31, 2010

Double Chocolate Brownie cookies

Is it a mere coincidence that C is for both Cookie and Casey? I like to think not.
If you've read some of my previous posts, you might have noticed that I kind of have a weakness for cookies.
Sure, I like cupcakes. They're adorable and girlie and pretty, but if I had my druthers, I'd be eating a cookie.
And please, do NOT get me started on pre-packaged, stale, processed, filled with things I cannot pronounce, store-bought cookies.  Those things with the little people that live in the trees on the package should be used as doorstops. Yuck. 
Now, I have been known to buy pre-packaged dough but I only buy one tried & true brand and they are really the exception to the rule.  
Otherwise, I like a homemade cookie, myself.

I poked around online today, looking for a good double chocolate cookie recipe and didn't find anything too fabulous sounding, so I decided to take one I had & modify it a bit.
What I came up with was AMAZING, if I do say so myself (you will too, once you've tried them!)
Without further ado, I give to you:

Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies


·                                       1 C butter/margarine softened
·                     3/4 C white sugar
·                     3/4 C packed brown sugar
·                     2 eggs
·                     2 teaspoons vanilla extract
·                     2 cups all-purpose flour
·                     2/3 cup cocoa powder
·                     3/4 teaspoon baking soda
·                     1/4 teaspoon salt
·                     1 12 oz package extra dark chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, beat butter & sugar on medium until well mixed.
Add eggs & vanilla and mix until fluffy.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt;
Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture, a little at a time & stir until well blended.
Add chocolate chips. 
Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 ins apart
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven

The cookies end up tasting like little personal brownies: rich & decadent. 
So yummy! And without anything weird in them, like the store-bought kind has. Isn't that nice?
Enjoy, and as always, please let me know if you make these & how they turn out!

4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm... your cookie is delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sir, are addicted to cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Those look amazing. My brother says so, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - they look great. I want one right now... I need chocolate :) I wish I could just reach through the screen and grab one. I'm too lazy to cook and not very good at it... I envy you, truly!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think, but please be respectful about it.