Monday, April 5, 2010

Oatmeal PB & Banana cookies (vegan)

(Re-posting from an old blog. these cookies are so good, it was worth posting the recipe again here!)


Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal cookies (vegan)

Having family members that are vegan means that I've been having to teach myself how to adapt recipes to make them vegan & yummy. Being vegan doesn't mean anyone should have to be left out of the fun when it comes to eating desserts (or any other food for that matter!). I'm no expert when it comes to vegan cooking, I'm just a beginner.
But these cookies turned out amazing, if I do say so myself :)
Enjoy!


Ingredients:
3/4 cup smart balance, softened
1/2 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup smashed banana
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups rolled oats

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 F.

In a large mixing bowl beat Smart Balance and peanut butter about 30 seconds or until combined.

Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.

Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.

Beat in banana and vanilla until combined.

Stir in flour a little at a time till it's all mixed in.

Stir in rolled oats.

Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake about 10 minutes in preheated oven or until edges lightly browned.

Transfer cookies to wire rack and let cool.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I was googling recipes and I stumbled on your site. I am gonna try these cookies!!! Cheers!
    www.robcroxford.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. These were super yummy and moist!!!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you really think, but please be respectful about it.